Ralph Nader at the TAC Crony Capitalism Meeting, June 21.
On June 21, The American Conservative hosted its 2nd annual Crony Capitalism Conference in which it convened foremost coverage professionals and journalists to discover the federal government’s cozy ties to defense contractors and technological innovation firms.
The initially panel, “How Cronyism Fuels the Military Industrial Congressional Elaborate,” was moderated by TAC contributing editor Mark Perry, and showcased:
- Bryan Bender, reporter and protection editor for POLITICO
- Gareth Porter, investigative reporter and author of Manufactured Crisis: The Untold Tale of the Iran Nuclear Scare
- Mandy Smithberger, director of the Straus Armed service Reform Job on Govt Oversight
- Caroline Dorminey, policy analyst in defense and overseas plan research at the Cato Institute
The initially panel was followed with a rousing speech from writer and purchaser advocate Ralph Nader on the army industrial complex tilted “Eisenhower’s Warning: Prophetic and Presently Understated.”
The 2nd panel, “Cronyism in Big Tech: Amazon and Over and above,” was moderated by TAC government editor Lewis McCrary, and featured:
- Matt Stoller, fellow at the Open up Markets Institute
- Tim Carney, commentary editor at the Washington Examiner
- Stacy Mitchell, co-director of the Institute for Regional Self-Reliance
- Robert D. Atkinson, founder and president of the Information Technological know-how and Innovation Basis